Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gothic Reading Challenge

Oh Boy am I excited!! I've signed up for the Gothic Reading Challenge for next year and I encourage you to do the same. Since my 'bump' has made its appearance I've had to pull back on my workouts a bit because it was making me sick. I'm not talking losing my lunch sick but heart racing, short of breath, over heating, about to pass out sick. It's rather disappointing to have to cut back, so I've decided to nurture my mind as well as my body. I'm thrilled at the thought of being engrossed in a book while breastfeeding my newest little one (coming April 2011). I enjoy escaping into a fantasy world of rich mind provoking literature.


There are four levels of participation to choose from:

A Little Madness - Read just 1 novel with Gothic elements.

The Darkness Within - Read 5 novels with Gothic elements.

A Maniacal Frenzy - Read 10 novels with Gothic elements.

Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know - Read 20 novels with Gothic elements.


Can you guess which I have chosen?

I think I will start with EAT,PRAY, LOVE... no I'm kidding ... haha made you think 'what the..?' for a millisecond didn't I! So far my list is as follows...(in no particular order)

The Vampire Academy series
The Undead and Unwed series
The following Anne Rice books even though I read a few in high school I have not read them all in order.

PLUS the books in my personal library I have had the opportunity to lose myself in yet. Trust me it is extensive.


Now for an update of my weight loss progress. NONE! I've actually gained 16lbs but I'm blaming it on the little one growing within my womb. All of my previous clothes still fit except for the fact that I cannot zip up my jeans due to a rather large belly protruding from them. And I totally use the belly band when I can and forgo putting on my size medium (yep medium!) maternity jeans because they just don't stay up... which is incredibly annoying. I was a size large during my first pregnancy, then an XL in my 2nd ... now I'm happy to say I wear medium.

I'm still working with my trainer once a week, and remain active at home... but I've had to stop bike riding due to my previously mentioned illness ( i.e. baby making me hyperventilate and overheat to the verge of passing out).

Overall I think I'm doing pretty well, and it's incredibly easy to not go overboard with my eating habits this time because we stopped buying junk when I started my new fitness/ health routine. Yes John still comes home from the store with donuts or other sweets occasionally but I find them easier to resist each day.

Our chickens are laying enough eggs each day that the boys and I can enjoy fresh organic cage free eggs everyday. And I keep a supply of carrots and apples on hand for snacks for myself, the boys, the goats, and the horses. And those Halloween pumpkins made a few very delicious Pumpkin Pies with only 1 cup of sugar in each one, and no preservatives which made me incredibly happy. Plus the way I figure it all the calories I burned while hand pureeing those pumpkins made for some nicely toned arms and a good reason to indulge in a slice or two.



Anyway tata for now... be sure to leave me a comment suggesting some mouth watering reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment