Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chips A... oh no!

So my husband did some grocery shopping while I was at the gym and came home with a package of Chips Ahoy. Ugh! How could he do this to me?!? Well I was able to resist for a bit but today a succumbed to the temptation and had one. Yes just one. Once I took that bite sized cookie in my hand I just popped it in my mouth, and I must say... SO NOT WORTH IT!! These new and improved Chips Ahoy are not the delicious, soft a chewy three- four bite cookies they used to be. They are tiny bite sized sweet traps. Not only do they have high fructose corn syrup but they also contain sugar and molasses. Too sweet for me, but that could be because I've eliminated sugar from my diet. So how many calories were in that tiny little cookie? SIXTY!! And twenty five of the calories are from fat. Insane! So what is the serving size you ask, well maybe you didn't but I'll tell you anyway... TWO!! Now how many people can actually eat just two and stop? Not many. So here's my advice to you...

1. Check your nutrition labels

2. Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup

3. Avoid Hydrogenated Oils/ Partially Hydrogenated Oils

4. Aim for natural foods not processed

5. Reduce your fat intake

And most of all DON'T LET YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER DO THE SHOPPING if he/she isn't dieting too!

No comments:

Post a Comment