Saturday, May 1, 2010

What to do....

... When there is sooo much wonderful food laid out before you. I attended a Ladies Tea tonight and had to resist eating more than I should. I kept my pieces small, very small, but did attempt to at least taste everything. After all the ladies at my church did slave away in the kitchen making tarts, quiches, mini cakes, lady fingers, biscuits, bite sized cucumber sandwich's, bite sized egg sandwich's, and I made cinnamon sugar biscotti's. It was all laid out so nice, a perfect arrangement if you will. I've been doing so well 15 pounds gone so far so what harm can eating bite sized treats have?

In other news I have not been to the gym since Monday April 26Th, Not that I haven't been active at home because I have. I'm still doing push ups and crunches (assisted by my two boys of course). However Tuesday I was rushing to catch my 13 month old as he was falling and I tweaked my knee just right. The same knee I had surgery on to repair a severed meniscus, torn ACL and PCL, it's been quite unpleasant all week causing twinges of pain when I land on it just so. I planned on resting Tuesday and attending my appointment with my trainer on Wednesday. However Wednesday just an hour before I was suppose to leave my trainer called and cancelled. So I decided to ice my knee, wrap it and rest up. I do plan on returning Monday to regular workouts all though I will ease up if I feel the slightest twinge because I don't want to have to endure being unable to walk without assistance again for 3 months.

I hope that reading my struggles will help you... whoever you are remain strong in your weight loss goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment